Mittagong Hotel is located in the heart of Mittagong and five minutes from Bowral and within easy access of local entertainment, facilities, nature reserves, golf clubs, cycle trails, shops, restaurants and cafes.
- Five minutes from Bowral shops and cafes and
- Bradman Museum and Oval, Bowral.
- Golf Courses, including: Highlands Golf Club, Mittagong; Bowral Golf Club, Gibraltar Country Golf Club, Bowral: Moss Vale Golf Club and Mount Broughton Country Club, Sutton Forest.
- Mount Alexander Reserve. Located within an easy walking distance is historical Lake Alexander, a bird filled parkland and reserve with bar-b-que and picnic areas and children’s play facilities.
Many walking tracks start at the lake, including the Box Vale Walking Track, Nattai Loop Track, Forty Foot Falls, Yellow Track, and Green Track and Red Track. Walking maps can be purchased from the Visitor Information Centre in Mittagong.
- Wingecarribee River walking and bicycle track that follows the Wingecarribee river from Burradoo to Cecil Hoskins bird reserve. Or plan your own cycling tour along country lanes that link the Highlands villages.
- Wineries producing cold climate wines, with cellar doors open for wine tasting at fifteen local wineries.